Performs standard design of electrical systems and technical work including analysis and calculations using standard electrical techniques and procedures specifically within the Transportation and Infrastructure Markets. Work is subject to review by professional engineering personnel through oral and written reports and by inspection.
• Apply fundamental principles of electrical theory to engineering projects.
• Collaborate with the project team in developing plans, specifications and estimates of electrical designs such as roadway lighting systems, airport lighting systems, rail traction power systems, and building electrical systems.
• Ensure conformance to design and specifications and compliance with operational and safety standards.
• Perform detailed calculations and design research.
• Compile data and write technical reports.
• Organize and maintain project files.
• Review and comply with production work-plans, production schedules and budgets.
• Participate in field reviews and data collection.
• Other duties as assigned.
Requires a Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering and Engineer in Training certification. Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Previous internships or relevant experience preferred. May be entry level with relevant internships to 2 years’ experience.