Perform engineering design, analysis and calculations; prepare plans and specifications. Under the direction of senior engineers, support the engineering team with various engineering and project duties specifically within the Transportation, Rail and Infrastructure markets.
• Collaborate with the project team in developing technical aspects of the design
• Using standard techniques and procedures, apply engineering criteria to the design of transportation facilities including roadway and rail designs
• Design geometric layout and details of highway and rail plans
• Adjust and correlate data, research applicable standards and document findings
• Organize and maintain project files
• Prepare roadway and rail design plans, and profiles
• Review and comply with production work-plans, production schedules and budgets
• Prepare plans, special provisions and estimates
• Participate in field reviews and data collection
• Prepare technical reports
• Comply and participate in all company safety and quality programs
• Other assignments as required
Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering and Engineer In Training Certification. May be entry level with applicable internships, to 2 years experience working on transportation design projects. Must have a working knowledge of MicroStation and/or Geopak and have excellent verbal and written communication skills.