Manage the Marketing operations for the Northern California District which includes: Market Research, Lead Identification, Pursuit, Proposal Production, and Presentation Support. Responsibilities involve collaborating with unit management, Project Managers, technical personnel, and marketing coordinators to support marketing activities. Lead outside marketing and sales efforts as defined by the District Director and other managers to grow the office’s backlog of profitable new business. This is a leadership position that requires collaboration with other senior managers and professionals. Position can be located in Oakland, San Ramon or San Jose.
• Direct the preparation of a marketing plan for region to meet overall goals.
• Identifies clients, projects to pursue, develops and maintains the Marketing Pursuit Database.
• Implements appropriate Go/No-Go decision strategies.
• Assist District Director in establishing sales performance.
• Plays a lead role in coordinating the project team and in developing the proposal content appropriate for interviews and presentations including determining the appropriate participation by specific personnel.
• Authors major proposals and edits technical input from project managers and engineers.
• Develop lists of prospective clients, leads and opportunities for the District.
• Work with District Director and Project Managers to develop strategies for cultivating prospects and obtaining new business.
• Take a leadership role in marketing planning, budgeting and strategic meetings.
• Develop teaming relationships with other consultants and strategic partners as necessary.
• Work in conjunction with District Director to represent TYLI at professional meetings, conferences, seminars, and industry functions where new business opportunities can be prospected.
• Other assignments as requested by the District Director and Operations Manager to support business development efforts.
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Graphic Design or related discipline. Similar working level obtained through relevant job experience may be accepted in lieu of degree level education. Minimum of 8 years relevant experience, preferably proposal, marketing and graphics experience at an A/E/C firm. Expert-level competency in Microsoft Office suite, Adobe suite, and other relevant software. Proficient in graphic design. Demonstrated ability to translate technical information into effective visual concepts. Advanced skills in document layout and publishing. Candidates must have a solid grasp of the production process and he/she should possess good oral and written communication skills. Attention to detail, multi-tasking expertise and the ability to consistently hit target deadlines are critical components for this role. Work may be required after normal hours or weekends with short notice. Must also be available to travel.