Responsible for aiding in the planning and design of Transportation-related projects, including preliminary engineering studies, development of plans, specifications and estimate (PS&E) packages, and construction support. The primary focus will be in roadway systems, but may include any discipline in the Transportation field. The candidate should have demonstrated experience on projects using Caltrans or local agency standards.
• Work on all aspects of Transportation Design, including roadway alignments, profile grades, geometrics, drainage facilities, construction details, construction staging, utility plans and any other components of preliminary engineering studies or PS&E
• Calculate quantities and prepare engineering estimates
• Perform 3D design and modeling using InRoads and OpenRoads with support from a senior modeler
• Prepare technical reports, letters, and memos for development of transportation projects
• Perform preliminary field investigations and existing data research to prepare a working project base file with topography, mapping, and utilities
• Prepare alternative design options and document findings
• Organize and maintain project files
• Assure that all technical deliverables are in accordance with company production and design standards
• Other assignments as needed
Requires Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, and 3 or more years of professional experience. EIT certification required, a Professional Engineer license in California is preferred but is not necessary. Requires working knowledge of the Caltrans Highway Design Manual and/or local agency standards. Must have a minimum of two years’ experience in highway or roadway construction document preparation. Proficiency using roadway design software (InRoads or Civil 3D) and drafting software (MicroStation, AutoCAD) is required.