T.Y. Lin International’s Los Angeles office is seeking a Civil Engineer to work on the LAWA Utilities and LAMP Enabling Projects (LULEP). TYLI is the lead design firm on the LULEP project providing engineering assessments and design services for relocation of existing utilities, roadway improvements and demolition of existing facilities and structures.
The Civil Engineer will work with the Project Engineer/Project Manager with plan design and production. The position primarily performs detailed design, analysis, engineering calculations and in developing construction documents for various task orders on the LULEP project. Also participate in creation and submission of technical reports, specifications and calculations. Candidates experience should include involvement in urban roadway and intersection design, traffic, drainage and site planning. Coordination of survey, grading, drainage and utilities a plus.
• Design and produce project documents
• Adjust and correlate data, research code issues, applicable third party agency requirements, design options and document findings.
• Perform calculations and analysis using engineering formulas.
• Perform hydraulic analysis and design of storm drain and sewer systems.
• Prepare roadway design plans, profiles and geometric layout designs.
• Participate in field reviews and data collection.
• Organize and maintain project files.
• Prepare plans, specifications and cost estimates.
• Create plans and drawings using AutoCAD Civil3D.
• Review project phasing and scheduling plans.
• Other assignments as needed.
Requires a BSCE degree and California PE. 5+ years of experience preferred. Applicable experience working on civil design projects, specifically highway designs. Must have working knowledge of MicroStation, AutoCAD, Civil 3-D and InRoads. Knowledge of Caltrans and the City of Los Angeles procedures and standards preferred. Must be capable of effective oral and written communication; work in a team-oriented manner and possess analytical and organizational skills.