The Structural Engineer will perform structural design in different categories of bridge and general structures for a wide variety of projects with the Florida DOT including plan development.
- Perform structural edit check assignments for our client, Florida Department of Transportation, District 1&7 Structures Maintenance Office (DSMO). This is used to identify bridges for repair and replacement.
- Assist DSMO with the preparation of their Work Program.
- Perform bridge load ratings and is proficient with LRFR and LFR Codes.
- Uses knowledge in structural design and corresponding code/industry standards in different categories of bridge and/or general structure to perform structural design of wide variety of bridge and associated structures, including plan development.
- Use knowledge in structural rehabilitation to perform bridge and ancillary structure rehabilitation design and plan development as well as research possible methods of rehabilitation and construction, candidate including degraded structures and structures damaged during hurricane, accident and flood, improve the condition of public infrastructure.
- Use knowledge and experience in bridge rehabilitation to conduct Work Program Study through report review, field inspection and cost estimate that leads to improvement/rehabilitation project of client.
- Use knowledge in bridge structure design and construction practice to provide forensic investigation for client through document review and field study including the post tensioned bridge PT system and other complex bridge.
- Assist Engineers of Record on developing project specification through research of technical publications and literature review.
- Use technical knowhow in bridge design and construction to perform preliminary and construction cost estimate, to assist senior engineer on selection of cost-efficient bridges and other structural systems.
Master's Degree in Civil Engineering