T.Y. Lin International is seeking an Engineer who will be responsible for aiding in the planning and design of public stormwater quality and drainage related projects, including hydrologic and hydraulic studies, and preparation of plans, specifications, and estimates (PS&E). The candidate should have a working knowledge of hydrologic and hydraulic design criteria used by local municipalities and counties throughout, but not limited to, Southern California as well as regional and state agencies.
The individual will assist in the technical management of drainage deliverables on transportation, bridge and other infrastructure projects. Also, may assist in client interactions, quality control and quality assurance for projects. May assist with business development, staff direct supervision, construction services and field services for drainage projects and programs.
• The applicant will have responsibility for the preparation of planning studies and creation of design plans for a variety of project types
• Typical projects include drainage studies and plans, roadway drainage systems, storm drain systems, bridge hydraulics, and stormwater quality projects
• Calculate quantities and prepare engineering estimates
• Prepare technical reports, letters, and memos for development of storm water project
• Perform preliminary field investigations and existing data research to be used in preparation of a working project base file
• Assure that all submittals are in accordance with company production and design standards
• Assist in marketing efforts, proposal writing, and participate in presentations
• Manage staff, sub-consultants and project
• Other assignments as needed
Requires Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering. Requires a California PE with 5-10 years of experience. 2D modeling (e.g. FLO-2D) experience is strongly preferred. Proficiency using drafting software (AutoCAD Civil 3D and Microstation) required and drainage design software (StormCAD and WSPG) desired. High proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel required.
Familiarity with the following additional software is also desired: ESRI ArcGIS, HEC-1, HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, FlowMaster, CulvertMaster and HY-8.