T.Y. Lin International is seeking an Assistant Engineer to aid in the planning and design of transportation related projects, including project studies and plans, specifications, and estimate (PS&E) documents. The primary focus will be in both public and private transportation systems. The candidate should have a working knowledge of both State (Caltrans, AASHTO) and local agency (city and county) guidelines and design criteria.
• Work on all aspects of Transportation Design, including alignments, profile grades, cross sections, drainage facilities, construction details, construction staging, utility plans and any other component of Project Studies or PS&E
• Calculate quantities and prepare engineering estimates
• Prepare technical reports, letters, and memos for development of transportation projects
• Perform preliminary field investigations and existing data research to be used in preparation of a working project base file with topography, mapping, and utilities
• Organize and maintain project files
• Assure that all submittals are in accordance with company production and design standards
• Other assignments as needed
Requires Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent course work or experience in civil/roadway design. Experience in transportation construction document preparation preferred but not required. Previous Caltrans experience is a plus. Proficiency using drafting software (AutoCAD and Microstation) required and civil design software (INROADS, CAICE, or AutoCAD Civil 3D) desired but not required. High proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel required.