T.Y. Lin International is seeking two Bridge Engineers in our Olympia and/or Bellevue offices. The Bridge Engineer will develop advance analysis and non-conventional bridge designs for Agencies and Design Build clients.
• Understand and apply the current AASHTO LRFD Code and related standards to bridge analysis and design
• Develop original design computations for bridge and structures
• Develop and administer construction plans for bridges and structures
• Coordinate with and direct CAD production activities for design production
• Conduct quality control activities for independent review and checking of structural designs
• Interface with Civil Engineers for development of complete project plans and specifications
• Develop technical special provisions to accompany construction plans
• Develop quantity and expected construction cost estimates in support of plan, specification and estimate scopes of work
• Interface with clients for project delivery
• Develop engineering reports and documentation
• Performs other duties as required
Bachelor’s degree in structural engineering, with Master’s degree preferred. Five years of relevant experience in bridge and structural engineering preferred, with PE license (any State). Advanced structural engineering and analysis capabilities, including ability to perform nonlinear analysis. Ability to design in R/C, post tensioned concrete, and structural steel. Working knowledge of Microstation or Autocad as an engineering tool is required.