The Project Manager will oversee facilities projects. Projects will include MEP, structural work and interior/exterior renovations. Must be able to supervise a team of engineers, supers and inspectors. Assignments may include performing project financial analysis, supervising inspection staff, construction inspections, reviewing engineering drawings and construction field reviews. A large focus on the ability to produce quality work with a keen attention to detail.
- Oversee site-work inspectors and contractors, leveraging engineering knowledge to ensure quality work is being produced by inspectors, technicians, and that proper codes and standards are being complied on assigned tasks and projectsConduct field visits and perform construction administration to ensure work is in compliance with plans, specifications and construction control documents.
- If a field office is designated for a particular project, PM may be expected to reside in the field office and run the office.
- Participate in field reviews and data collection and analysis, studies and forecasting.
- Verify construction documents to field conditions.
- Perform in-depth research to develop recommendations for approaches, concepts, materials or equipment selection.
- Collect, assimilate and manage data for engineering or construction work such as to perform quantity take-offs for development of engineering estimate.
- Must be able to read an interpret design drawings
- Assure that drawings, calculations and designs are in accordance with company production and design standards and strengths, follow Quality Assurance and Control procedure
- Prepare project data for schedules, assist in preparing schedules and budgets in order to monitor progress reports.
- Oversee change orders negotiations with contractors.
- PM will be responsible for communicating with the Client and ultimately seeking approval from Client before proceeding with any new work or changes in work.
- Must be willing to answer project related phone calls on evenings and weekends and act on them as needed.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
- BS in Engineering, Architectural and/or construction field from an accredited college or university
- Minimum ten (10) years of full time experience as a technical specialist in construction and design related fields; five (5) of which must have involved managing all phases of construction work on multiple contracts; six (6) years must have been in a supervisory or managerial capacity.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects simulateously.
- Must have experience in new, rehab and modernization construction.
- FE/EIT, CCM, and/or PE preferred
- Requires knowledge of engineering principals and industry standards
- Knowledge of construction scheduling and project finances is preferred
- Valid Driver’s License required and willingness to drive in NYC (including Staten Island)
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed