The Project Superintendent will oversee facilities projects. Projects will include MEP, structural work and interior/exterior renovations. Must be able to supervise a team of contractors and subcontractors. Assignments may include supervising inspection staff, construction inspections, reviewing engineering drawings and construction field reviews. A large focus on the ability to produce quality work with a keen attention to detail.
- Oversee site-work inspectors and contractors, leveraging engineering knowledge to ensure quality work is being produced by inspectors, technicians, and that proper codes and standards are being complied on assigned tasks and projects
- Conduct field visits and perform construction administration to ensure work is in compliance with plans, specifications and construction control documents.
- If a field office is designated for a particular project, Super will be expected to report to the field office when not on assignment in the field.
- Participate in field reviews and data collection and analysis, studies and forecasting.
- Verify construction documents to field conditions.
- Collect, assimilate and manage data for engineering or construction work such as to perform quantity take-offs for development of engineering estimate.
- Must be able to read an interpret design drawings
- Assure that drawings, calculations and designs are in accordance with company production and design standards and strengths, follow Quality Assurance and Control procedure
- Assure that equipment and materials follow contract documents and shop drawings.
- Responsible for communicating with the PM and ultimately the Client before proceeding with any new work or changes in work.
- Must be willing to work evenings and weekends as needed. Evening work is often 3:30pm to 11:30pm but occassionaly may include overnight work.
- Must have Excellent organizational & management skills.
- Take A Proactive Measures In Maintaining A Safe Site
- Take Proactive Measures In Maintaining Proper Project Housekeeping Duties.
- Ability to Clearly Understand Scope of Work As indicated in Project Plans & Specification.
- Ability to identify inconsistences within drawings / specs. and document / notify the project manager.
- Facilitate Potential Project RFI Request To Project Manager As It Relates To Conflicts Or Missing Information.
- Inform Project Manager of possible change orders.
- Interface with Project Executive & Project Manager.
- Interface with Contract Administrator
- Working with Project Team, assisting in development of Project Schedule and Ensure That The Project Schedule Is Maintained.
- Have a Clear Understanding of Project Submittals and their impact on the Project Schedule.
- Ability to Provide Accurate Weekly Updates on Job Progress and provide Project Manager weekly updates with regards to the Project Schedule..
- Ability to coordinate work with subcontractors and Administer Weekly Subcontractor Meetings.
- Ability To Forecast Trade work and provide timely notification in advance for anticipated work.
- Ability to continuously walk project to monitor workmanship & progress.
- Must have Good problem solving skills and a can do attitude.
- Ability To Maintain Accurate Field Employee Time Sheets With Proper Company Work Codes.
- Ability To Maintain Accurate & Descriptive Daily Site Reports Outlining All daily Activities.
- Must be able to comprehend, understand and properly use all forms as provided.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
- BS in Engineering, Architectural and/or construction field from an accredited college or university
- Minimum eight (8) years of full time experience as a technical specialist in construction and design related fields; four (4) of which must have involved managing all phases of construction work on multiple contracts. A comparable combination of education and experience will be acceptable.
- OSHA 30 certification
- With proper training, must be willing to enter confined spaces and ride scaffold.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects simulateously.
- Must have experience in new, rehab and modernization construction.
- Requires knowledge of engineering principals and industry standards
- Shall have the ability to understand and interpret contract documents such as speifications, drawings and shop drawings.
- Valid Driver’s License required and willingness to drive in NYC (including Staten Island)
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite and overall computer skills
- Teamwork, communication, and people skills along with the ability to represent the firm at project meetings in an intelligent and professional manner is an absolute requirement.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed