T.Y. Lin International has an opportunity for an Engineer (Electrical) who will perform moderate to complex assignments, which require the application of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria in carrying out a sequence of related design engineering tasks. Assignments involve some unusual or difficult problems requiring job knowledge and abilities beyond entry level. The incumbent must be capable of collaborating and making evaluations and interpretations, exercising independent judgment in selecting and applying engineering standards. The selected professional must have knowledge of local industry standards, Codes; and must be familiar with local industrial, commercial, military and Federal government client standards.
• Using AutoCAD and Revit, prepare electrical design packages according to specific guidelines, and conform to client standards.
• Conform with firm’s Quality Management System using design software and drawing tools.
• Design of state of the art LED based illumination system; including energy efficiency and lighting controls.
• Design power distribution system with voltages up to 15KV system, including emergency and standby generator design.
• Design of telecommunication systems including telephone, data, LAN, PA, & CATV.
• Design of hospital nurse call/blue code and wireless communication systems.
• Design of Security systems, intrusion detection system, Surveillance CCTV system, and access control system.
• Design of PV Solar systems for commercial applications a plus.
• Serve as technical expert for other disciplines as well as clients for electrical design matters.
• Coordinate with engineers and other disciplines to produce final construction drawings and details associated with electrical / control engineering projects.
• Perform short circuit analysis and coordination studies using SKM software for small to medium size electrical systems a plus.
• Knowledge of UPS system design and applications.
• Knowledge of electrical design in classified locations a plus.
• Be able to interface directly with complex and demanding clients.
• Able to perform field work duties under minimum supervision.
• Be able to estimate man-hours and provide project descriptions for new project proposals. Including construction cost estimates.
• Promote and maintain a safe working environment for all employees.
Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering and 5+ years of qualifying engineering experience working in the engineering/design field. Proficient in Revit and AutoCad. Proficient in AGI-32, and SKM Power Tools a plus. EIT certification a must, PE certified from SC board of Engineers Preferred. Also, must be knowledgeable of designing around applicable energy codes. Able to work in a fast-paced environment and work on multiple projects at one time. Good interpersonal and communication skills. Work effectively in teams. Willingness to continue to improve. Willingness to travel in and out of the South Carolina state area (0-30% travel) for up to two weeks. Must be able to pass background check required to perform work in the military bases.