T.Y. Lin International is seeking senior structural engineers with bridge design experience to produce design and structural details for bridge projects in accordance with FDOT Standards.The engineers are required to have a comprehensive understanding of FDOT Standards and will be responsible for designing and planning development tasks and performing structural analysis and design of a variety of structure types.
· Prepare plans, specifications and cost estimates in accordance with applicable FDOT
Structures Design Guidelines, Structures Detailing Manual and Plans Preparation
· Ability to learn to design with codes from other states.
· Ability to work on fast paced design build projects and pursuits.
· Prepare material quantities for structures.
· Proficiency with Microstation and Geopak.
· Provide close coordination with other Engineers, independent quality control and quality
· Perform independent analysis.
· Perform load ratings.
· Review of Structures related work prepared by others.
· Ability to clearly communicate verbally and in writing with team.
· Review of shop drawings and other contractor initiated documents.
· Review of scour evaluation reports.
· Perform project field reviews.
· Resolve structures-related construction issues.
· Other assignments as needed.
Requires Master's Degree in Civil Engineering with a Florida PE, and Ph. D. preferred, with a minimum of 10 years in bridge design experience. FDOT experience is a requirement as well as strong technical skills in structural analysis and design of various types of bridge structures. Proficiency in dynamic and seismic analysis is a plus. Ability to speak and write Spanish, in addition to English, is also a plus.