T.Y. Lin International’s Los Angeles office is seeking three (3) Senior Civil Engineers to serve as the Task Order Manager and/or Lead Design Engineer for the Los Angeles World Airports (LAWA) Utilities and LAMP Enabling Projects (LULEP); TYLI is the lead design firm on the LULEP project providing engineering assessments and design services for new streets, utilities, and parking facilities; relocation of existing utilities; upgrades to existing roadways, parking structures, and facilities; and demolition of existing facilities and structures.
The Senior Civil Engineer leads and performs civil engineering design for specific projects on a task order basis. The ideal candidate will have technical expertise in the design of transportation projects, including roadway geometrics, paving, grading, drainage and/or utilities design. The position will be responsible for providing engineering duties including planning, design and scheduling of engineering work, performing more advanced design, organizing and developing design plans, and developing technical specifications and bid estimates. Work is typically done in teams, with extensive coordination both internally and externally.
• Develop production work plans, schedules and budgets. Assist the Design Manager with preparation of scopes and budgets for new task orders or amendments.
• Lead aviation airside and/or landside design project teams including plans production using primarily AutoCAD and Civil 3D.
• Ensure proper codes, regulations and standards are being used by engineers on projects.
• Provide the design staff with guidance and assistance on projects.
• Responsible for the successful completion of projects under his/her direction.
• Adjust and correlate data, research code issues, applicable third party agency requirements, design options and document findings.
• Perform calculations and analysis using engineering formulas.
• Prepare roadway design plans, profiles and geometric layout designs.
• Prepare civil plans, specifications and cost estimates.
• Develop project phasing and scheduling plans
Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or closely related field. Licensure as a Professional Engineer in the state of California. 7-10 years of civil engineering design experience on transportation and aviation projects. Experience working on design build and/or CMGC (CMAR) projects. Proficiency in AutoCAD, Microstation, and Civil 3D. Ability to work independently and as a member of a team. Commitment to excellence and high standards of integrity. Experience in cost estimating and project phasing and scheduling. Must be capable of effective oral and written communication; work in a team-oriented manner and possess analytical and organizational skills.
Knowledge of airport airside, landside and/or infrastructure projects, FAA and TSA regulations, and AIP funding requirements, is preferred.