T.Y. Lin International’s Los Angeles office is seeking two (2) Civil Engineers to work on the Los Angeles World Airports (LAWA) Utilities and LAMP Enabling Projects (LULEP). TYLI is the lead design firm on the LULEP project providing engineering assessments and design services for new streets, utilities, and parking facilities; relocation of existing utilities; upgrades to existing roadways, parking structures, and facilities; and demolition of existing facilities and structures.
The Civil Engineer works with the Project Engineer/Project Manager with plan design and production. The position primarily performs detailed design, analysis, engineering calculations and development of construction documents for various task orders on the LULEP project. Also participates in creation and submission of technical reports, specifications and calculations. Work is typically done in teams, with extensive coordination both internally and externally. Candidate’s experience should include involvement in urban roadway and intersection design, drainage and site planning. Coordination of survey, geotechnical, traffic, and other specialties a plus.
• Coordinate with design team members and client staff.
• Design and produce project documents
• Adjust and correlate data, research code issues, apply relevant third party agency requirements, identify design options and document findings.
• Perform calculations and analysis using engineering formulas.
• Perform hydraulic analysis and design of storm drain and sewer systems.
• Prepare roadway design plans, profiles and geometric layout designs.
• Prepare utility and other civil engineering plans and calculations.
• Participate in field reviews and data collection.
• Organize and maintain project files.
• Prepare plans, specifications and cost estimates.
• Create plans and drawings using AutoCAD Civil3D.
• Review project phasing and scheduling plans.
• Other assignments as needed.
Requires a BSCE degree and California PE. 5+ years of experience preferred. Applicable experience working on civil design projects, specifically utility and roadway designs. Must have working knowledge of MicroStation, AutoCAD, and Civil 3-D. Knowledge of LAWA and the City of Los Angeles procedures and standards preferred. Knowledge of Caltrans standards a plus. Commitment to excellence and high standards of integrity. Must be capable of effective oral and written communication; work in a team-oriented manner and possess analytical and organizational skills.