T.Y. Lin International is seeking two (2) Senior Structural Engineers. The engineer will be responsible for designing and planning development tasks and performing structural analysis and design of a variety of structure types.
• Perform calculations and analysis using engineering formulas for designing concrete and steel bridge and appurtenant transportation structures.
• Research and review design options for both technical & economical impact.
• Prepare plans, specifications and cost estimates in accordance with applicable DOT Structures Design Guidelines, Structures Detailing Manual and Plans Preparation Manual.
• Ability to learn to design with codes from other states.
• Ability to work on fast paced design build projects and pursuits.
• Prepare material quantities for structures.
• Proficiency with Microstation
• Provide close coordination with other Engineers, independent quality control and quality assurance reviews.
• Perform independent analysis.
• Perform load ratings.
• Other assignments as needed
Requires BSCE degree (MSCE preferred) with emphasis in structures. P.E. license required and a minimum of 20 years' of pre-stress concrete and steel bridge design experience and construction engineering. Advanced knowledge of bridge design and analysis software required. Experience in both AutoCAD and MicroStation is a plus.